We recognise the need to support emerging and established artists from historically excluded communities to develop their artistic practice and their careers.
We have worked with artists of African; Caribbean; South, South East & East Asian heritage; artists in exile from refugee & asylum seeker communities; artists from other excluded communities such as disadvantaged, white working class.
Where relevant, we will work with other cultural initiatives and partnerships to develop & support:
- Project manager training scheme
- Cultural production programmes that are specifically aimed at creative opportunities for artists development
- The training of artists to work in community contexts
- The creation of opportunities & initiatives that bring together artists from diverse backgrounds
- Training in digital media including video, sound, photography, multimedia and combined media production
- The production of showcase events, curation of exhibitions and distribution of media
- Linking to networks of partners and practitioners
- Opportunities for work placements & employment
- Distribution of information regarding employment opportunities